You’ve done the research, and you’ve decided that going solar is the right move. Now the goal is to find the right Washington solar company to handle your project – and that may prove to be a challenge.
Dozens of professional photovoltaic contractors serve homeowners and commercial clients in the state of Washington, so you’ll need information to narrow down the options. Most local companies offer free, no-obligation consultations, and discussing your PV project with at least a few local contractors can help in making a choice. But while that’s a smart approach, at this point, you may not know what questions to ask to evaluate a solar company.
In that case, you came to the right place. Below, you’ll find a list of questions that can shed light on what each Washington solar company has to offer.
Questions on the Solar Company
Adding a PV system to your home or business is a big deal, and with the right solar company, you can expect a stress-free experience – not only will the installation go smoothly, but you’ll have a responsive partner in the event you have any concerns down the line.
For that to happen, you’ll need to find a photovoltaic contractor with the proper credentials and extensive expertise. To determine if a Washington solar company is well-qualified to complete your PV project, ask the following questions:
- Are you licensed to install PV systems in Washington?
- Do you have the necessary insurance for photovoltaic installation?
- How long has your solar company been in business?
- How many PV projects has your company completed?
- How much knowledge and experience do you have in roofing?
- Do you offer a workmanship guarantee on solar installation?
- Are you certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP)?
Questions on Solar Components
When you decide to make an investment in photovoltaic power, you want to be completely sure that the equipment installed at your Washington home or business is made to last – after all, you’ll be relying on your PV system to meet your energy needs for decades.
Most professional photovoltaic contractors in Washington State use high-quality components, the best on the market in terms of performance, longevity and warranty coverage. But, it never hurts to double-check that information. To that end, ask each solar company these questions:
- Do you install solar panels produced by Tier 1 manufacturers?
- Will the photovoltaic modules feature monocrystalline technology?
- What type and brand of inverter does your solar company use?
- Where and how do you plan to place the photovoltaic equipment?
- What warranty protection is available for the PV system components?
- What equipment problems have others experienced after solar installation?
Questions on the Cost of Going Solar
Whether you’re planning a residential or commercial PV project, the upfront expense is likely one of your biggest considerations – and a reputable Washington solar company should provide you with all of the information you need to be at ease with your investment in photovoltaic power.
However, when dealing with financial matters, it always pays to go over the details. To get a good understanding of the costs and savings involved with your solar installation, ask the photovoltaic contractors you meet with the following questions:
- What will be the total cost of installing a PV system?
- Can you provide an itemized breakdown of the costs?
- Does your solar company offer financing options?
- What will the electricity bills look like after solar installation?
- Will it really be possible to claim the solar tax credit?
- Are other incentives for going solar available in Washington?
- How long will it take to recoup the PV system costs?
Questions on the Solar Installation
Satisfactory answers to all of the questions we listed above will help point you toward the best photovoltaic contractors in the state of Washington, and after comparing the quotes you receive, you should be able to decide which solar company would be the best choice for your PV project.
Once you settle on a local solar company, you’ll be ready to focus on the practicalities of adopting photovoltaic power. With that in mind, here are the questions you might want to ask about the work to be completed at your home or business:
- What are the steps to the solar installation process?
- Is a permit required and, if so, do you take care of that?
- How long will it take to install the photovoltaic equipment?
- Does anything need to be done to prepare the property?
- Do you handle the utility interconnection arrangements?
- How soon will the PV system be up and running?
- Can you explain how the solar monitoring software works?
Schedule a Free Consultation with Nationwide Solar Today
With Nationwide Solar, an award-winning solar company with an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, you can trust that you’re getting a high-quality PV system that will perform for decades to come – and you can count on a hassle-free solar installation experience. We’d be happy to provide the information you need to feel good about moving forward with photovoltaic power, and we welcome your questions.
Would you like a free, no-obligation consultation at your Washington home or business? To discuss your PV project with a representative of our solar company, contact us today!